Ankara Mix

The summertime is one of my favorite seasons. I'm a pretty big fan of skirts, shorts, and legs in general, so this freedom to wear whatever is amazing. 
 I wore this striped crop top with an ankara skirt and combat boots for an EverydaypplNYC event a couple of weekends back. 
It was one of my first times attending a brunch event and I was hype to see beautiful brown skinned folks and all kinds of fashion/hair. Besides the tropical (sweatbox) weather, I loved it and would attend again. 
I experimented with mixing Ruby Kisses Pool Party and MAC's Heroine on my lips and enjoyed the color payoff.
NY mamis & Kaysha. (above)

All up in my Drums:
Alina Baraz- Urban Flora
Jhene Aiko- My Afternoon Dream


OUTFIT DETAILS:
Tan & Black Striped Crop- Forever 21
Ankara Layered Skirt- Tailor in Los Angeles
High Waist Swim Bottoms- Amazon
Vintage Coach Crossbody- Woodland Thrift
Sunshades- H&M
Combat Boots- Target
Hair- Trusty Bantu Knot Out on dry hair.

5 comments: