BLACK HALTER

 Summer is just around the corner and I am certainly in the spirit. I went ahead and ordered a record player to let the melodies of old-school, feel-good records fly. Along those lines, I also streamlined my wardrobe and only kept items that bring me joy. Getting rid of excess is so cleansing and freeing and those vibes are all I want for this summer and this new chapter in my life. 

For this Spring/Summer look, I paired a ribbed halter with cropped black pants and my trusty Dr. Martens. I was going for New York casual-carefree black gal.
 All of these items made it into my capsule wardrobe (minus the overcoat) because they can be worn and styled in a variety of ways and I can see them lasting far into my future.
 Playing around with socks for color provided some originality to this look.
I've done an OOTD video on this look here so you can watch me strut in real time if you twirl on over to Youtube. Screenshot below.
  I've miss you and look forward to posting more often. I'll share my bedroom revamp (on here and Youtube), short natural hair styles, clothing designs, and updated fitness regime.

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Black Ribbed Halter Top- Forever 21
High-Waist Black Stretch Pants- Kohls
Sports Socks- Target
Dr. Marten Pascal Boots- Nordstrom 
Black & White Overcoat- Forever 21 
Hair- Glueless wig styled in flat twists the night before.
This style is great for growing out natural hair.

1 comment: