SPRING AT THE GETTY

I was fortunate enough to hang out with my sister and visit some poppin' spots while I was in Los Angeles. We decided on the Getty Museum and though I've been before, I hadn't really been aware of or appreciated the beauty of it all. It's mad breathtaking- from the ride up overlooking rows of palm trees, rolling hills in the distance, and masses of traffic on the 405, it's great. Trust me the traffic is a work of art in itself; definitely something to gasp at.
We started in the galleries which, to my disappointment, were filled with the typical Euro-centric paintings and sculptures (hoping that time and awareness changes this). We gathered that the exterior of the museum and the garden would probably be the most intriguing areas. 
We spent the majority of our time walking through the exquisite garden maze, people watching, and posting 'lewks' to snapchat (cc Shionat for that reference). I paired an aqua-colored jersey with a white circle skirt and body chain for a casually-cool look. The top was a thrift pick up and came as a full length men's jersey. I used one of my crop tops to DIY and cut it to my liking.

I hope you are loving the weather and the rich beauty of Spring wherever you are.
OUTFIT DETAILS:
Aqua Blue Crop Top- Sav Mor Thrift
White Circle Skirt- Forever 21
Body Chain- DIY project made from a handbag chain and XXI necklace. 
Black Sandals with Gold Hardware- Cerritos Mall
Hair- Flat twist out using Trader Joe's Tea Tree conditioner. Set overnight and separated without brush/comb.

Photos by: Onyinyechi

No comments:

Post a Comment